Monday, December 12, 2011

The Creation of the Meta-Psychological Gender

Announcing the Publication of my Second Book:
El Retrato del Fantasma

After several years of reorganization, I have put together my short story book in Spanish, The Portrait of the Ghost (El Retrato del Fantasma). The book includes a collection of my best twelve short stories, written in Barranquilla, Colombia, and a selection of four of my short stories written in the United States, most of them in Montclair and East Brunswick, New Jersey. So, there are about 16 short stories in the book, and over 250 pages. The book had been copyrighted in the US Library of Congress as Con Los Dedos en la Cabeza (El Retrato del Fantasma), where the former main title that refers to a lost family short story and a meditation drill, and recalls an unrelated French movie.



The book combines fiction and non-fiction events and real and surreal characters. The book is dedicated to the memory of my granfather Hermenegildo, in the picture atop, whose portrait inspired my best short story during my late teen years, the winner of the 1982 national literary short story prize at Universidad de Cartagena. The short story was published in the literary page of Diario del Caribe by La Esquina, a literary group that served me as a motivation to pursue my literary career. When the short story was published then, it contained a special header referring to what I called the meta-psychological short story genre (el cuento meta-psychológico), meaning a combination of the psychological short story gender with paranormal (metaphysical) events.

The book will be published in the first half of 2012.

My only novel attempt in Spanish was entitled La Casa Sola, a literary work that I abandoned several years ago. For the future, I could probably attempt to write my first novel in French, as I get used to writing in that language and dreaming of living in Paris.









No comments: