Friday, June 20, 2008

A Memorial Prayer for the captive


This poem is dedicated to all prisoners of wars, people who have been deprived from their liberty through kidnapping or are in captivity or prison while being innocent.

For Liberty and Freedom

I wake up from my dream relieved
from all sadness and pain accrued
I become awaken with the holy word beloved
and I encounter peaceful rest back home.

I experience the sense of innocence
and the forgiveness to the deceiver
I enter the path back home immense
working thoughts to elevate my career.

I leave the ties of hopefulness
I have surrender my spirit to God
and my soul finds first freedom
then drives my full body into liberty.

I awake from penance and solitude.
Thus, I enjoy my peaceful return home
I look for myself in the dreams of lights and levels
and I encounter my friends in freedom.

No comments: