Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Poem About True love, Physical love and Sex Without Love

A few weeks ago, an evening coming back from New York City, I wrote this poem on the train. The commute was so slow, that I got the chance to read it and rewrite it on my notepad in a cleaner fashion on the next page, with some typos. Interestingly, it was one of the few times I rode one of the new two-level trains. Indeed, I was mulling over physical love, and true love, as someone had sent me an email to invite me to an anti-Valentine's Day party, after I my flowers remained in my mind just undelivered. I did not go, so I wrote Sex Without Love.

Sex Without Love

Sex without love is a thorn in the heart

that exults the flesh as it weakens the soul…

Sex without love is the city at large

with all her scents of casual events

that entices the passion and denies the true love.

Sex without love is not a word or two

that soon got together and sooner turned apart.

Sex without love is the not thought step

to deliver her inner realm without getting to know

that the spirit is good when dominating the flesh

and forgiving the bones for they have gone wrong.

Sex without love is the paradox of solitude

for it suddenly turns into repeating déjà vu.

Sex without love is the city of no control

it is rejection at large, pressuring true beings

not the integral ones that are hidden below

like two flowers that open together at once.

Sex without love is the gross risk

to give away what is destined to the wise.

Sex without love is a thorn in the heart

that grows in despair with the kidnapped soul

the body surrendered, submitted to the violent power

the flesh delivered, the entangled carmine silhouette.

And at times, also, sex without love

is the price and the rest of the vicious lover.

And is it perhaps that sex without love

is always the paroxysm of the hedonic lover,

and the reward or freedom of the pleasant lover…

No comments: